AARP® Essential Premier Health Insurance, underwritten by Aetna, is an option for individual Colorado health insurance available to AARP members. The rates in Colorado are different based on your zip code, so contact us to get a quote based on your location. You must be between 50 and 64 years old to be eligible to apply for yourself. Your dependents may be any age below 64 to be on your policy.[button type=”standard” color=”green” link=”http://assets.healthinsurancecolorado.net/aetna-withdrawing-from-colorado-individual-health-insurance-market/”]Compare Plans[/button]
Your plan choices are:
Preventive and Hospital Care Plans
High Deductible (HSA Compatible) Plans
Premier Plans give you:
- An excellent combination of quality medical and prescription drug coverage, with affordable premiums
- The freedom to seek health care when needed, and the flexibility to access care in or out-of-network
- No claim forms to fill out when you visit a network provider, and no referrals are required to see a specialist
- A choice of three levels of annual deductibles: $1500, $2500 and $5000.
Preventive and Hospital Care Plans give you:
- Affordability when selecting a coverage option
- Inpatient hospital coverage coupled with limited benefits for outpatient surgery, skilled nursing or home health care charges, instead of hospitalization
- Coverage for preventive care, including an annual GYN exam, well child care and physical exam.
- A choice of a $1250 or $3000 annual deductible
NOTE: These above plans provide limited benefits only and do not constitute a comprehensive health insurance plan. They may not cover all expenses associated with your health care needs.
High Deductible (HSA Compatible) Plans:
- Can be paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA), which lets you pay for qualified medical expenses with tax-advantaged funds
- Let you or an eligible family member make tax-free contributions that earn tax-free interest; withdrawals for medical expenses are tax-free, too
- A choice of a $3000 or $5000 annual deductible
- Click here for more information about HSAs
- Lets you enroll a dependent child even if no other family member enrolls
- Is available with all AARP Essential Premier Health Insurance plans
NOTE: If you choose one of the HSA plans for Child Only enrollment, an HSA account is not available for the child.